BIOMOX® (amoxicillin) Tablets and BIOMOX® (amoxicillin) Oral Suspension are a semi-synthetic, broad-spectrum amoxicillin, indicated for the treatment of bacterial dermatitis and soft tissue infections, including abscesses, wounds and lacerations in dogs when caused by susceptible strains of organisms:
- BACTERIAL DERMATITIS due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp., and E. coli
- SOFT TISSUE INFECTIONS (abscesses, wounds, lacerations) due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus spp., E. coli, Proteus mirabilis and Staphylococcus spp.
As is true with all antibiotic therapy, appropriate in vitro cultures and sensitivities should be conducted prior to treatment.
- Provides excellent bactericidal activity against a wide variety of common gram-negative and gram-positive pathogens
- Available in 2 convenient formulation options:
- Tablets are available in 50 mg, 100 mg and 200 mg concentrations in bottles of 500 tablets
- Suspension is available in 15 mL and 30 mL sizes with 50 mg/mL potency when reconstituted
BIOMOX® (amoxicillin) Tablets and BIOMOX® (amoxicillin) Oral Suspension - Contraindicated in animals with a history of an allergic reaction to penicillin. If an allergic reaction occurs, seek veterinary treatment. For use in dogs only. Do not use in pregnant or breeding animals. For complete product information refer to the product insert. To obtain a package insert, contact Veterinary Technical Product Support at 1-800-338-3659.
Available by prescription only.